Updated: Jun 13, 2020
I’ve decided to nominate the month of June this year as self love month, as there’s definitely too little of it around!
Do you know that self love and self acceptance are massive components in living a happy, fulfilled life.
Like many of us, I spent much of my life in total self loathing mode, which now makes me feel very sad for my younger self. I always felt unloved, unattractive, unworthy..un-everything really!
It wasn’t until I had my amazing near birth experience, when my ‘dead’ father turned up during my son’s birth, that I realised we are all eternal beings. Wow, that whole experience changed everything for me, especially my negative thought patterns.
I realised that we are beings of love, that we are the same energy as Angels. And I started to realise that hating myself was just plain WRONG! After all who would hate an Angel, that shining messenger from Source who’s only job is to love, comfort and support us .
Self love will definitely be a topic that comes up in future blogs, vlogs and webinars, but in the meantime I want to give you some top tips to get you firmly on that self love path:
1. Know and believe that you ARE a valuable being, your every thought, word and action is of value, is ETERNAL and is vital to keep the Universe changing and growing. You are unique and important.
2. The most important relationship in your life is the one with yourself and your inner self, which already knows the answer to all your questions.
3. Try putting yourself first for a change, if you don’t then who will? Treat yourself gently, and pay attention to your body, it speaks loudly and clearly when you listen .
4. Pay attention to your emotions, they’re the best indicator of where you’re at and how you’re doing.
5. Adopt an attitude of gratitude, it’s truly a lifesaver. You are amazing, and your body is the most incredible piece of equipment in the Universe..it works tirelessly for you 24/7.
6. Write a list of your positive points. This may challenge you at first , but keep at it. Are you kind, considerate, funny, sensitive, good at arithmetic, good with kids or animals. If you feel stuck, ask a trusted friend to assist you. Once you’re done, look at your list and really appreciate YOU.
7. Focus on what you have, not what you don’t have. That’s the key to contentment. Choose to think the best of yourself and identify your personal blessings .
8. Stop beating yourself up over imagined shortcomings, this is an insult to your loving soul .
Finally, keep this in mind. You are a uniquely perfect, divinely designed one off YOU, so be proud and enjoy doing you. After all, everyone else is taken!
Until the next time we speak, I’m sending so much love and upliftment your way!